In December 2013, the U.S. Senate confirmed Commissioner Chai Feldblum to a second term at the EEOC on a largely, but not exclusively, partisan vote of 54-41. The 54 yea votes came from all of the 50 Democrats who voted, two independents, Sen. Angus King (I-ME) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT), and two Republicans, Susan Collins (R-ME) and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK). All nay votes were Republicans. Not voting were three Democrats and two Republicans. Feldblum’s term will end on July 1, 2018.
Below is a listing of the EEOC commissioners and their terms:
- Chair Jackie Berrien (D) (July 1, 2014)
- Constance Barker (R) (July 1, 2016)
- Victoria Lipnic (R) (July 1, 2015)
- Jenny Yang (D) (July 1, 2017)
- Chai Feldblum (D) (July 1, 2018)