There are new sheriffs in town! Join this CDIA Law & Industry Conference panel session as top legal professionals David N. Anthony, Partner, Troutman Pepper LLP, and Rebecca E. Kuehn, Partner, Hudson Cook, LLP, with moderator Eric J. Ellman, Senior Vice President, Public Policy & Legal Affairs at CDIA as they discuss private litigation and enforcement trends from the CFPB and the FTC as well as how changes in tone and tactics will impact your business. Webrecon shows FCRA cases filed in federal court jumped 7% from 2019 to 2020, and 9% from 2018 to 2019. The trend is ever upwards in the volume of and creativity in claims.
Panel Discussion Topics include:
- Enforcement trends, red flags and beyond
- Dispute and reinvestigations
- TransUnion v. Ramirez and the future of class action standing
- Data providers and the FCRA
- Data vendors, including Hunstein v. Preferred Collections