CDIA is excited to announce a wonderful lineup of speakers and agenda topics have been confirmed for the 2021 CDIA Law and Industry Conference. Attendees will gain a lot from this year’s agenda, comprised of insightful, interactive sessions exploring the future of consumer reporting amid shifts in leadership at the CFPB and FTC, evolving privacy regulations, and the impact of COVID-19 throughout the consumer reporting industry.
Some of the latest speakers to join the conference, include:
- David Anthony, Partner, Troutman Pepper, is an experienced trial attorney with a concentration in litigating financial services and business disputes, including class actions. Mr. Anthony will share his extensive knowledge of current litigation and enforcement actions for the session “Litigation & Enforcement Trends: What will we see in 2021?”
- Lisa DeLessio, Partner, Hudson Cook, has extensive experience advising financial institutions, licensed lenders and servicers, on issues related to compliance with Federal and state law. On the panel, “Year in Review: Reporting accommodations under the CARES Act”, Ms. DeLessio will review the CARES Act and data reporting requirements for consumers with a COVID-19 related accommodations, providing information that furnishers need to consider when evaluating reporting during and post-accommodation.
- Kim Phan, Partner, Ballard Spahr, counsels clients on privacy and data security law in areas including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and other federal and state privacy and data security statutes and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). She will bring her extensive privacy experience to this timely panel, “PRIVACY: Is Virginia the new California and will Congress finally weigh in?”
- Emre Sahingur, Senior Vice President for Predictive Analytics, Research and Product Management at VantageScore Solutions, LLC, leads the team of data scientists who have developed and maintain the VantageScore credit scoring models. Additionally, Dr. Sahingur leads the firm’s research and analysis efforts aimed at providing insights and information related to credit scoring and consumer credit. Mr. Sahingur will join us for the must-attend session: “Consumers and the Pandemic: The Latest Data on the State of Consumer Credit Standing”
- Andrew Smith, Partner at Covington & Burling LLP, and former Director of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection, will bring his extensive professional experience working with the incoming leadership at the CFPB and FTC to the session “What to expect in the New Regulatory Environment.” Smith will share an inside look at the most pressing issues facing the industry including priorities for policymaking and enforcement in the consumer reporting ecosystem.