Did you miss the 2020 CDIA Law & Industry Conference? Now is your chance to join us and listen to the rebroadcast of our highly popular keynote session with Andrew Smith, Director of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection. Mr. Smith’s session addressed the FTC’s privacy priorities in his remarks, including:
- Upcoming revisions to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The FTC’s position on Accuracy and the CFPB’s recent announcement about an upcoming accuracy study
- Piggybacking and how the FTC has recently brought cases against companies
- Addressed the industry’s long-standing concern that ID theft reports are being used as a tool for credit repair companies and what the FTC is doing mitigate against fraudulent usage.
- Red Flags Rule Violation & Data Breaches.
- Forthcoming changes to the Safeguards Rule