Cato Institute (1)
|Topics and Issues||
In June 2021, the House Financial Services Committee will conduct a hearing, A Biased, Broken System: Examining Proposals to Overhaul Credit Reporting to Achieve Equity.
On the agenda was H.R.___, Protecting Your Credit Score Act by U.S. Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ); H.R. ___, National Credit Reporting Agency Act by U.S. Rep. ____ (D-__); and H.R. 4120, the Comprehensive Consumer Credit Reporting Reform Act by U.S. Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA).
- Mr. Syed Ejaz, Financial Policy Analyst, Consumer Reports
- Mr. Jeremie Greer, Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director, Liberation in a Generation
- Ms. Amy Traub, Associate Director of Policy and Research, Demos
- Ms. Chi Chi Wu, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center (NCLC)
- Mr. Dan Quan, Adjunct Scholar, Cato Institute’s Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives
In advance of the hearing, the majority staff circulated a hearing memo.
CDIA filed a letter with the committee for the hearing. The National Taxpayers Union (NTU) filed a letter with the committee for the hearing. The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) filed a letter with the committee for the hearing. The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) filed a letter with the committee for the hearing.