|Topics and Issues||
Financial inclusion (11)
On July 21, 2021, the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions of the House Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing, Banking the Unbanked: Exploring Private and Public Efforts to Expand Access to the Financial System.
The committee noted three bills subject to the hearing:
- H.R. ____, the Access to No-Fee Accounts Act.
- H.R. ____, the Public Banking Act of 2021.
- H.R. ____, the Expanding Financial Access for Underserved Communities Act.
There were five witnesses:
- Mehrsa Baradaran, Professor of Law, University of California Irvine School of Law
- Deyanira Del Río, Co-Executive Director, New Economy Project
- Ameya Pawar, Senior Fellow, Economic Security Project
- David Rothstein, Senior Principal, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- John Berlau, Senior Fellow, Competitive Enterprise Institute