Comprehensive privacy legislation continues to be at the forefront with bills across a variety of states. With new laws like the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, companies need to reassess their collection and use of consumer personal information and modify their compliance efforts accordingly. As more states look to enact their own comprehensive privacy laws, we wonder will Congress finally weigh in?
Join this CDIA Law & Industry Conference panel session as top legal professionals Kim Phan, Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP, and Stuart Ingis, Partner, Venable, LLP, with moderator Sarah Ohs, Director of Government Relations at CDIA as they discuss the most important privacy legislation affecting the consumer reporting industry today. Register today to secure your spot!
Panel Discussion Topics include:
- Current State of Privacy & Data Security Legislation
- CPRA- California Privacy Rights Act
- VCDPA- Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act
- Data Security bills
- Data Broker Legislation
- Federal Privacy Legislation
- Recent Executive Order on Cybersecurity
- The Various Approaches to a Federal Bill
- FTC’s updates on GLBA security rule