If your company furnishes consumer credit account data on a regular basis to credit reporting agencies, you have duties under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to correct and update that consumer credit history information.
To assist data furnishers (such as banks, credit unions, consumer credit card companies, retailers, and auto finance companies) in this process, the credit reporting industry has adopted a standard electronic data reporting format called the Metro 2® Format.
Important Metro 2® Announcement
U.S. Government Shutdown Guidance – Sept. 2023
Consumer reporting agencies are mindful of a possible shutdown of the federal government and that some government employees might not be paid while the U.S. government is closed for lack of funding. The Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA) is issuing guidance to companies that furnish data to consumer reporting agencies who may temporarily postpone payments as a result of a consumer’s inability to make payments due to the government shutdown. Learn more
Metro 2® Access Rights
Access to the Metro 2® Format is limited to employees of (a) companies that furnish data to consumer reporting agencies in the Metro 2® Format, (b) data processors who furnish data to consumer reporting agencies in the Metro 2® Format, (c) software vendors who provide Metro 2® programming software, and (d) consumer reporting agencies that accept or transmit data in the Metro 2® Format.
Users who meet Metro 2® access policy, can access a variety of resources and products.
Complimentary Resources Available to Metro 2® Access Users
- Download the most current version of Credit Reporting Resource Guide® (CRRG®)
- Ask a Metro 2® Question directly to the Task Force!
- Third Party Data Processors Credit Reporting Engagement Guidelines
- Navigating the Credit Reporting Resource Guide® (CRRG®):In this 30 minute complimentary webinar which guides you through the Credit Reporting Resource Guide® (CRRG®) and each of the various modules, with important navigation tips to assist in your utilization of the guide.
Additional CDIA Metro 2® Products Available to Metro 2® Access Users
CDIA offers various Metro 2® training at the beginner and advanced level. CDIA’s educational materials are the most authoritative source of information on reporting using the Metro 2® Format. Based on what you learn, you may identify changes or enhancements needed for your existing Metro 2® program.
Establishing Metro 2® Access Rights
Users who meet Metro 2® access policy, can access the complimentary Metro 2® resources available on their CDIA accounts. To establish Metro 2® access rights, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create a CDIA Account*
*If you previously created a CDIA account, continue onto the next section Access the Metro 2® Format.
- First, create a CDIA Online Account.
- Upon account creation, you will receive an email to verify your email address and complete the creation of your account (The email will come from CDIA@cdiaonline.org Subject: Verification Email). If you do not receive this email immediately, please check your spam/junk folders. For additional assistance, please review our CDIA Account Access Guide.
- If not located there, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Step 2: Access the Metro 2® Format*
*If you previously became a Metro 2® approved user, continue to the next section Future Access to the Metro 2® Format.
- Once logged into your CDIA account, click on Metro 2® Access under the ‘CDIA’ section of your CDIA Online Account
- you will be directed to a page to review the Metro 2® Access Policy.
- If you qualify, please click on the link provided and follow the instructions on how to get Metro 2® Access.
- If you are recognized as a Metro 2® approved user, you will, be redirected to the Metro 2® Access Agreement. Once you carefully read and accept the agreement you will gain immediate access to the Metro 2® Access page.
Step 3: Future Access to the Metro 2® Format
- For future access to the Metro 2® Access page, simply log in to your CDIA Account and click Metro 2® Access under the ‘CDIA’ section of your CDIA Online Account
- Your CDIA account will recognize your login as a Metro 2® approved user, and you will be directed to the Metro 2® Access Agreement. Review the Terms and Conditions carefully, then click, ‘I Accept This Agreement’, for immediate access to the Metro 2® Access page and Metro 2® Format documents