Download Instructions for the Metro 2® Format
If your company furnishes consumer credit account data on a regular basis to credit reporting agencies, you have duties under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to correct and update that consumer credit history information.
To assist data furnishers (such as banks, credit unions, consumer credit card companies, retailers, and auto finance companies) in this process, the credit reporting industry has adopted a standard electronic data reporting format called the Metro 2® Format.
Access to the Metro 2® Format is limited to employees of (a) companies that furnish data to consumer reporting agencies in the Metro 2® Format, (b) data processors who furnish data to consumer reporting agencies in the Metro 2® Format, (c) software vendors who provide Metro 2® programming software, and (d) consumer reporting agencies that accept or transmit data in the Metro 2® Format.
To access the Metro 2® Format you must log in to your CDIA Online Account. If you are not a registered user, you will need to first create a CDIA Online Account (you will be sent an auto email afterward to verify your email address and complete the creation of your account). For additional assistance, please review our CDIA Account Access Guide.
Once logged in, you will see your CDIA Online Account homepage. Click on ‘Metro 2® Access‘ under the CDIA section and follow the instructions below:
If CDIA recognizes your login as a Metro 2® approved user –
- you will be directed to the Metro 2® Access Agreement page. Carefully review the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click “I Accept This Agreement” to gain immediate access to the Metro 2 ® Format documents. In the future, you will just need to log in to your CDIA Online Account and click ‘Metro 2® Access‘ under the CDIA section of your CDIA Online Account homepage to access the Metro 2 ® Format documents.
If CDIA does not recognize your login as a Metro 2® approved user –
- you will be directed to a page to review the Metro 2® Access Policy.
- If you qualify, please click on the link provided and follow the instructions on how to get Metro 2® Access.
- Once that is completed, carefully read and accept the Metro 2® Access Agreement to gain immediate access to the Metro 2® Format documents.
- For future access, you will just need to log in to your CDIA Online Account and click ‘Metro 2® Access‘ under the CDIA section of your CDIA Online Account homepage.
- Metro 2® Webinar: Credit Reporting for Consumers Affected by Natural or Declared Disasters
- Reporting Guidance for Accounts Affected by/in Forbearance from Natural & Declared Disasters, and for other financial hardships
- Metro 2® Format Training
- Important Information for Users of CDIA Trademarks
- FAQ 45 – Reporting Loans in Forbearance (2019)
- FAQ 58 – Reporting of Natural or Declared Disaster (2019)
Special Note to Software Vendors
CDIA strongly recommends all software vendors to beta test a sampling of your customers’ data with each consumer reporting agency prior to mass distribution of software to ensure Metro 2® standards have been met. Refer to the Implementation Checklist in the Credit Reporting Resource Guide®; section 8, for details.
Thorough testing of your software version of the Metro 2® Format prevents costly changes, redistribution of your software and customer delays in reporting.
If you have any questions regarding the Metro 2® Format, contact your consumer reporting agency contacts.