President Barack Obama announced that he would nominate Victoria Lipnic to serve another term on the EEOC. Lipnic, who received a recess appointment from President Obama in March 2010 and was confirmed by the Senate in December of that year, has been tapped for a second five-year term that would end in July 2020.
Below is a listing of the EEOC commissioners and their terms:
- Chair Jenny Yang (D) (July 1, 2017)
- Victoria Lipnic (R) (July 1, 2015)
- Constance Barker (R) (July 1, 2016)
- Chai Feldblum (D) (July 1, 2018)
- Charlotte Burrows (July 1, 2019)
Eric J. Ellman is Senior Vice President for Public Policy and Legal Affairs at the Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA) in Washington, DC. He also served for eight months as Interim President and CEO of the Association. More