The CDIA Virtual Law & Industry Conference is an essential event for anyone involved in consumer reporting. This year CDIA has secured a wonderful lineup of speakers to discuss the most current and important issues impacting the credit reporting industry, including such hot topics as the impact of COVID-19, identity theft and disputes, the new state and federal legislation impacting privacy and data, current litigation and enforcement trends, and much more!
Some of the latest speakers to join the conference, include:
- Denise Norgle a nationally recognized FCRA expert with substantial experience with GLBA, UDAAP, FDCPA and other state and federal consumer privacy, data breach and data protection laws. She has managed various legal, compliance and government relations functions worked closely with her industry counterparts on initiatives involving the Metro 2 ® Format and e-OSCAR. Ms. Norgle will join us for “COVID-19 Implications for the Consumer Reporting Industry” to discuss how the current crisis is impacting our industry.
- Eric Mogilnicki, Partner, Covington, will bring over 20 years industry experience advising and representing financial institutions and extensive work with the CFPB, FTC, and prudential regulators to a panel session titled “Policy in Transition: A Survey of Consumer Reporting Legislation and Rulemaking” to discuss current and pending legislation and how regulators are looking at consumer reporting ecosystem.
- The Metro 2® Task Force, comprised of representatives from the major credit bureaus including Equifax, Experian, Innovis and TransUnion, will join us for a new networking session “Meet the Metro 2® Task Force – Industry Highlights” to discuss the most current issues in consumer reporting, including the CARES Act, post-accommodation reporting and bankruptcy issues.
- David Anthony, Partner, Troutman Pepper, is an experienced trial attorney with a concentration in litigating financial services and business disputes, including class actions. Mr. Anthony will join a distinguished group of speakers for the panel “The Changing Dynamics of Litigation and Enforcement.”
- Lisa DeLessio, Partner, Hudson Cook, has extensive experience advising financial institutions, licensed lenders and servicers, on issues related to compliance with Federal and state law. On the panel, “Identiy Theft: Disputes, Tradeline Blocks & the Impact of COVID-19″ Ms. DeLessio and David Vaughn, New Management Services will explore the legal issues, trends and challenges of tradeline blocks and identity theft disputes.