May 27, 2021 @ 2pm ET
Join CDIA & Andrew Smith, Partner at Covington & Burling LLP, as he discusses the new leadership at the CFPB and FTC and their priorities for policymaking and enforcement in the consumer reporting ecosystem. Through his role as the Director of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection for the past three years, and his professional experience working with the incoming leadership at the CFPB and FTC, Mr. Smith will give participants an inside look at the most pressing issues facing the industry. This event includes a live Q&A session moderated by Francis Creighton, President & CEO at CDIA. Register today to secure your seat!
Discussion Topics include:
- New leadership at the CFPB and FTC
- Enforcement and policymaking priorities
- New theories of liability, relief, and jurisdiction
- The effect of the Supreme Court’s AMG decision on FTC authority
- AI and disparate impact
- The approach to privacy and big tech companies
- Shift in priorities for the credit reporting industry
With regulatory and enforcement activity likely to increase in the new administration, participants will find Mr. Smith’s insights invaluable in navigating a wide range of FTC and CFPB policy, compliance, and enforcement issues.